a collection of daily paintings and drawings

Friday, May 16, 2014

SWEET DREAMS watercolor still life daisy and teacup painting

Sweet Dreams
watercolor  10 x 14"

Sweet Dreams started as a white daisy, a white teacup, and white lace, but somewhere along the way, it just started to look grey. I painted the lace a 'tea-stained' color to give the daisy and teacup a little more oomph. My Mom did not like this strategy. Her comment was "It looks just like a photograph! (her highest praise), I feel like I can just pick up that lace and throw it in the wash."

Here are a few photos of my studio/gallery; all spruced up for the open studio tour this weekend. 





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful studio ! And I like your Mom's comment ;) that daisy painting is beautiful - your strategy was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete